Facilities for Hire
Looking to hire some of our fabulous facilities at highly desirable competitive prices?
- Multi purpose, 300 seat hall
- Lighting, sound and AV equipment
- Technician available on request
- 120 seat Lecture Theatre
- Built in projector and sound equipment
- Multi purpose, 60 seat (max) studio space
- Lighting and sound equipment
- Technician available on request
- Sprung floor
- Built in sound system
- Ballet bars available
Multi-use Games area
- Hard floor games area
- Variety of equipment available
- State of the art AV recording facilities
- Classrooms and other meeting rooms – ideal for small group hirers
USE OF SCHOOL PREMISES AND FACILITIES POLICY
It is the policy of the Aberdare Community School to permit responsible individuals or organisations the use of school buildings and sporting facilities including the following:-
- Main Hall
- Performance / Dance Studio
- Standard Classrooms
- Specialist Classrooms i.e I.C.T.
- Lecture Theatre
- Recording Studio
- Multi Use Games Area
The use of these facilities will only be permitted where there is no interference with the schools own educational activities.
Conditions of Use
- A completed Application for Use of School Premises and Facilities Form, Appendix A and Certificate(s) of Insurance, if applicable, must be submitted to the Finance Director, Aberdare Community School, Ynys Road, Ynys, Aberdare, CF44 7RP.
- The applicant must review this policy.
- The applicant must ensure that all regulations relating to the areas noted below are adhered to at all times:
- Public Safety
- Fire Safety
- Law and Order
- In accordance with the Local Authorities No Smoking Policy, smoking is not permitted anywhere on school site.
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed on school premises.
- The applicant must be present throughout the time the facilities are being used. The applicant is responsible for the decorum of the group, including spectators.
- The applicant must ensure users, including spectators, remain in the facility hired and do not wander around the school site and/or attempt to access other areas of the building.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure the appropriate adult to child supervision ratio is established and that all supervisors have completed a DBS Check.
- Food and/or beverages are only permitted in the restaurant. Eating food is not permitted in any of the hired facilities. The applicant is responsible for managing the disposal of all litter.acilities must be left litter free.
- The school has a significant amount of expensive and specialist equipment. Any damages sustained to the equipment or facilities during its use will be considered the responsibility of the renting organisation/person. The renting organisation/applicant will be invoiced for any repairs and/or cleaning needed to restore the facility and/or equipment to its original state.
- Users are not permitted to use personal portable electrical appliances within the School. The Schools own portable electrical appliances are regularly tested under PAT regulations.
- Access to the School and facilities will be available only as indicated on the approved application form.
- The use of certain equipment i.e. stage lighting, P.A. system, Recording facilities and other ICT equipment may require the supervision of a member of the school staff who is appropriately trained. If so, this will incur an additional charge.
- Drivers must take extra care when driving on site. Vehicles must park in designated parking bays only. Car Parking charges apply at certain times of day and these must be paid separately to any hire agreement.
- On days when the School has to close because of emergency conditions, i.e. snow; the school facilities will not be available. All scheduled use will automatically be cancelled and not charged.
- If at any time the conditions of use are not adhered to the school reserves the right to stop users using the facilities.
- The applicant is responsible for arranging their own insurance to cover against any claims for injuries or losses to persons or property that are alleged to have arisen in connection with their activities. A copy of the appropriate insurance certificate must be submitted with the booking application form.
- Hire charges listed below are calculated to cover costs incurred by the school, such as: caretaking, cleaning, heating and lighting and other any other operating expenses that may occur.It may be possible to apply a discount to the charges below for ‘partner’ organisations or whole term/long term bookings.
Where the main hall and/or a standard classroom is hired, and no school equipment is used, VAT will not be payable. However, where school equipment is used within a facility, i.e. data projector, sound system, then VAT will be charged in addition to the hourly rate listed below.
HOURLY RATES (Excluding VAT)
* If specialist equipment is being used in these rooms, then it will be necessary to hire a member of the school staff who is trained in operating the equipment. This will incur a further cost of £18 per hour plus VAT
For the hire of Sports Facilities, VAT will be applied to the hourly charges listed below. If a hire can prove that they meet all the criteria listed in Appendix B, then VAT will not be charged.
HOURLY RATES (Excluding VAT)
Once the Application Form has been received and approved by the school, the applicant will receive a school invoice. Unless otherwise agreed in advance with the school, payment of the invoice must be made at least 7 days prior to the activity. Should payment not be received by the agreed date, then the school has discretionary powers to cancel the booking at any time without notice.
Where there are block bookings of 10 sessions or more, the school may decide to invoice part way through the series. If this is the case, payment will be required within 21 days of receipt of invoice. If the invoice is not paid within 21 days a letter will be sent out with a further 7 days’ notice of payment deadline.
Cheques must be made payable to ‘Aberdare Community School’. Any returned cheques will be subject to an Administration Charge.
A refund will only be considered if notice to cancel is received 14 days prior to the booking date. The amount of refund will be determined by whether the school has already incurred expenditure in preparation for the booking.